Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dow Goes Gluten-Free!

Pop the bubbly, and get ready to celebrate! (Most likely!)

I'm excited to share some great news for the gluten-free world! Dow has gone gluten-free and has come out with a new vegetable cellulose based food product that closely mimics the texture of gluten in baked goods. It's plant based and could really bring some new fresh tastes to our plates! Who needs gluten anyway?







I say way to go Dow, and way to go Dad for giving me the heads up awhile back. Since he works for Dow, he navigated me towards the website about the beta product a few months ago. I'm so glad it's finally hitting the gluten-free community soon! Check out the gluten-free goodness! (I did notice they got some of the gluten intolerance vs. celiac disease facts a little wrong as far as numbers and explanations between the two different reactions go. Celiac is about 1 in 110 these days and gluten intolerance is about 1 in 10 last I read).

What do you think? Will you be trying products containing the new "gluten" replacement? Let me know!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, signed me up to try! When and where it's available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure when it's going to be integrated fully/available from the site since it doesn't say, but here's the direct link to the Dow Solutionism site: http://www.dow.com/solutionism/gluten-replacement.htm Hope this helps! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] Dow Goes Gluten-Free! (sprinklesandallergies.com) Share this:EmailFacebookTwitterPinterestStumbleUponPrintLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try it... <3

    ReplyDelete