Thursday, March 21, 2013

Quote of the Day


Everyone I've met that has Celiac disease or severe food allergies of any kind, I feel an automatic unspoken sort of connection to. It's a mutual feeling of understanding, of having "been there". While I've never met Zooey Deschanel, I think she's the epitome of making the most of her situation with multiple difficult food allergies. I learned Zooey is allergic to gluten, soy, dairy, and eggs from her appearance on Top Chef where she was a guest judge who challenged the contestants to create an allergy friendly vegan lunch for her and her family. It was fantastic to see her embracing herself and her health, while bringing allergy awareness to the mainstream food shows.

I fell in love with this so true quote from Zooey Deschanel, which can apply to everyone regardless of their walk in life:


"Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh’ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. Don’t allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it’s a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep, feel it all – look around you. All of this is for you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love."




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. I love that! I also feel continually shhhh'ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought having just a soy allergy was bad enough! She gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote! I agree with Amanda about feeing shhhh'ed. In the same vein, I also feel like women are chastised for being "too big" and I'm not talking about for their weight (though, that too) but for their personalities or beliefs, etc. Like keep it short and sweet, ladies, we don't want to hear too many big ideas.

    Anyway, lovely post. I had no idea ZD had all those food allergies. I love that she was on Top Chef and that they made her a safe meal. Very cool.
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete