Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Allergen free, Gluten free cake in action, plus Breast CancerAwareness, and steamed Salmon recipe.

Allergen free, Gluten free cake and Fondant

Whoop there it is! ;)

Just checking in to share a photo my aunt took of the allergen free, gluten free wedding cake I made for my sister. I know it's small in comparison to their ginormous gluten filled cake, but hey, mine was four layers! The only downside was that my sister and I had to eat around the sugar flowers that got placed on it by the other baker when I wasn't looking =P They might have been alright to eat, but I wasn't prepared to take that chance. I was pretty surprised they topped it without asking me, as we already had other plastic cake toppers to put on. But all in all, the cake was awesome and a big hit!

I also wanted to say Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month! 

http://www.dreamstime.com/free-stock-photography-faint-pink-ribbon-rimagefree2148551-resi3857824


I love the awareness campaign, as it changed my life. Resources from the campaign let me know that just because I'm a young woman, it doesn't excuse me from doing monthly self exams. Good thing I listened!  I ended up finding a tumor in my left breast about a year and half ago. It's grown a lot since then, but I've gotten multiple checks on it which say that it's benign. We are watching it since it's still growing, but I am so thankful to this campaign for enlightening women all over the world about catching potential problems early. Don't ever let a doctor tell you that you're too young to have a tumor. Thank you to the Breast Cancer Awareness movement and all of it's supporters/affiliates! Wear pink to show your support this month!

A great food that's soy free, gluten free, dairy free, and pretty much all other allergen free (expect for fish of course,) is Salmon! And guess what? It's great in supporting healthy breast tissue with Omega 3's, and....it's pink =) Here's a basic recipe of mine that is a stand by whenever I'm working with Salmon:

http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photography-healthy-food-rimagefree13091386-resi3857824

Recipe/Directions: ~ Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (fahrenheit). Get some foil to wrap your pieces of salmon in, and place the salmon in each piece of foil, leaving enough to close it like a packet.

Drizzle your salmon with olive oil and juice of half a lemon.  Add about 1/4 of a large onion diced, fresh dill, and fresh grape tomatoes-halved.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, a dash of cayenne pepper, dried thyme, and diced fresh garlic (1-2 cloves depending on your preferences).  Close up your packets, place them in a baking dish or baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.  The salmon will come out steamy, flavorful and tender!

1 comment:

  1. [...] my original posts here and here. The Pro-photos are in, and they look fabulous. Congratulations again to my beautiful sister and [...]

    ReplyDelete