Sunday, October 30, 2011

What are your soy reactions?

http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-autumn-leaves-rimagefree1431488-resi3857824
Happy Fall ~~~<~@ (Photo Credit: Dreamstime.com Free)
If you react to soy, what type of reaction do you deal with most?


It's strange the amount of different reactions I've heard about from many people with soy issues. Share your story and symptoms by leaving a comment below.

Wishing you a week of excitement and peace of mind,

Bethany xoxo

http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-image-purple-flower-in-grass-rimagefree3177969-resi3857824

2 comments:

  1. When initially tested for celiac disease years ago, the tTG was positive, meaning that celiac disease was probable. Both IgA and IgG antibodies were up as well. They didn't check for soy at the time. Going back a couple of years later to see what was wrong, we found that we had a positive IgA reading to soy protein. The IgE was also done and this was at the upper end of the normal range. We therefore took soy out of our diets, and I tend to react to it worse now than I did before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am so happy to hear that they tested you for the IgA reaction! It's almost impossible to get tested for it here unless you bring it up to the doctor. The only people that seem to be doing those types of testing in the U.S. are holistic health professionals. I've seen a few different allergists who told me I wasn't allergic to soy because I didn't react to the skin test (which is 50% false positive anyway). They never even mentioned that I could still have IgE and IgA reactions, so if I hadn't done my own research on these, I still wouldn't know about them. I wonder if I had been diagnosed earlier with the IgA if it would have prevented my body from developing the anaphylaxis shock and IgE allergy. Hopefully that goes away with time...I also am more sensitive to soy now after having it out of my diet for quite some time. But some of my worst reactions have been to the hidden soy in juices and sodas here in the U.S. Sounds like healthcare in Australia has a better grasp on diagnosing and testing for food allergies than here! Maybe I should relocate...

    ReplyDelete