Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soy allergies and Legumes

http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-image-fresh-peas-rimagefree2808431-resi3857824 
                                               (Photo Credit: Dreamstime.com Free)

Soy is part of the Legume family and sometimes those sensitive or allergic to soy also have trouble tolerating legumes. I am personally one of those folk. So far, I have reacted negatively to green beans, garden peas, chickpeas, and pea protein. I also had a very tiny reaction to peanuts one day, but I don't eat them often so I'm not extremely bothered by it. I found a great list of foods in the Legume family here. Check it out below:

 
Perhaps those sensitive to Soy cannot tolerate Soy Lecithin and Soy oil due to them being included as Legumes. I can't tolerate either of them and I have talked to many people allergic to soy who can't tolerate them even though the FDA states they are "non-allergic" due to being "highly processed".

What do you think? Do you react to any other Legumes besides Soy?

No comments:

Post a Comment