Friday, December 2, 2011

Getting Cheesy




 

Hooray! Finally a notable rice cheese that resembles the real stuff: Rice Cheese from Galaxy Nutritional Foods!

Do note that they produce soy and vegan cheese that is best to stay away from. I buy the rice cheeses that are free of Soy, Gluten, Lactose, and also pea protein. I am currently in love with their slices that come in American, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Pepper Jack (yum!) and Swiss. (I am not receiving any compensation for this, I just really really love that I finally found a good rice cheese).



 Some of my other favorites of the moment, above. All of the following areSoy free, Gluten free, Lactose free, and free of pea protein. Please note that the rice based cheeses do contain casein, but they offer other varieties which do not.

My current favorites for wine and cheese:

  1. Rice based Parmesan Cheese
  2. Bamboo 13 x 10 inch cutting board
  3. Groundswell Organic Red Table Wine (I buy it from Whole Foods). An inexpensive and sweeter wine, also made in white wine. I'm not usually a fan of red wines, but I love this one--no matter what the wine snobs may say ;)
  4. Rice based block of Mozzarella Cheese (also comes in cheddar)
  5. Shredded cheese (in mozzarella and cheddar)
  6. Fair Trade Wild Olive Wood cheese spreader knife
  7. Kuchenprofi Perfect Cheese knife

 I smell a weekend wine and cheese party....

2 comments:

  1. [...] I previously wrote about my egg “muffin” concoction I made for our anniversary here. There are so many different variations of what you can add to the whisked up egg in the muffin tin. My favorites include sauteed kale, caramelized onions, and slices of grape tomatoes topped with melted Rice Cheese. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] added some Rice Cheese (contains a small bit of milk protein), fresh organic tomatoes, and fresh spicy arugula from our [...]

    ReplyDelete