Sunday, December 11, 2011

5 Natural and Easy ways to Cleanse your Body

While healing from excessive damage from undiagnosed food allergies, I've learned to treat my body with extra care. Cleanses and herbs have really given my system a much needed boost to help the long healing process. Here are my top 5 easy and natural ways to cleanse your system and speed up the healing. Even if you're not healing from internal imbalance, these methods still do the body a lot of good.

[caption id="attachment_449" align="aligncenter" width="225"]http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photography-garlic-on-gauze-1--rimagefree298592-resi3857824 (Photo credit: Dreamstime.com Free)[/caption]

Garlic -- Brew it in tea, or eat it raw in guacamole, pasta sauces, or in salads for a powerful cleanse. Garlic has great anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that fight off lots of unwanted invaders that can be present due to undiagnosed or newly diagnosed food allergies.


Hot water with Lemon -- Start everyday with the juice of half a lemon in hot water. The vitamin C content will give you a boost, even before you get your breakfast going. This quick drink really helps flush your system of toxins and gives a healthy glow to skin.



Now Foods Candida Clear -- Restoring natural balance to the digestive system is key when healing from any sort of digestive distress. Some dealing with food allergies and intolerance may struggle with candida albicans yeast overgrowth issues due to intestinal damages. I have personally tried this product due to a small imbalance, and it works very well. It contains a combination of herbs and oils such as Black walnut hull, Garlic, Coconut oil, Pau D'arco, and more. Read more about healing from candida overgrowth here and here.


Pumpkin Seeds -- Great for cleansing, including parasite cleansing. Read more about benefits of pumpkin seeds here.



Natural Oils and Juices -- Coconut oil is a powerful cleanser for the body, as well as Apple Cider Vinegar. 2 tablespoons of either of these every day or every few days (as maintenance after cleansing) is a good habit to pick up. Fresh juices are essential, and I try to drink at least one fresh juice blend daily, whether from fruits, veggies, or both.  And by fresh juice, I don't mean the kind from the store. Use a power juicer or blender to blend your own mix. See my previous post on healing with making fresh juice here.


Bonus Tip: Your Mom was right. Cut back on the sugar, a lot! I try to only eat natural sugars found in nature, and even then I am limiting my intake. It has really helped me with healing my whole body, not just internal damage from food allergies. If you are on a candida cleanse, cut back completely on the sugar for about a month. It's much easier than it sounds--just eat whole foods as much as possible (not processed).

7 comments:

  1. You must have read my mind! I was just thinking today that I might have candida. Do you have any tips or recipes that you like while going on a candida diet? I would love to hear them in a post or something, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie- I suppose we read each others' mind, since I was thinking my new few posts will be breaking down the candida subject. Candida is much more prevalent than the medical community likes to admit, so when dealing with it it's pretty much up to the individual to heal themselves. I'll have the next post up hopefully tomorrow night, which will be a breakdown on the best candida healing from my personal experience. It does take some patience with whatever you're doing, but the most important part to start is to drink lots of water and cut out all sugars expect for some fruits, about 1 fruit a day and also a cup of berries since they're lower in sugar content. Hope this helps for now, keep an eye out for the next 3 posts =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool, I'm excited! Yes thank you that does help:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so my work schedule has been less than ideal...I will definitely try to post after work ends tomorrow night (if not, Wednesday is the day off so no reason not to =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello -

    Great natural remedies! My 3-year-old son had severe eczema until he was diagnosed with food allergies a few months back. I have a blog that shares our family’s battles with eczema, allergies, and asthma (yes, lucky guy has that too).

    I think the key is to learn from one another, so the more information out there to the masses, the better. With this in mind I’ve started a blog hop for anyone dealing with allergies, eczema, or asthma, either for themselves or as a caregiver. If you’re interested in joining, please add a comment. I’d love to welcome you the group. http://itchylittleworld.wordpress.com/blog-hop/


    Thanks.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer,
    Wow isn't is amazing all the things that can be linked to food allergies and nutrition? I'll definitely be checking out your blog, thanks for the note! I hope your son is doing well after the diagnosis, it really does change your life (for the better!). Best wishes--Bethany

    ReplyDelete