Monday, December 5, 2011

Spice Cake


Namaste Foods are among my very favorite brands, and probably always will be.

All of their products are free of wheat, gluten, corn, soy, potato, dairy, casein, tree nuts and peanuts--most, if not all, are free of yeast as well.

I made their Spice Cake which was fabulous. I added a bit more cinnamon and replaced the call for water with coconut milk, which kept it really moist. The things I like the most about Namaste Foods products is that they are actually reasonably priced and you get way more bang for your buck. Each of the cake mixes (and other products too) contains enough mix for two cakes or one very large cake. I have to say, all the mixes from them are way better than anything Betty Crocker Gluten free makes and they are much more allergy friendly in my opinion.

I know this is a major plug for Namaste, but rest assured I am not receiving any sort of compensation for promotion. I just really support smaller companies that are on such a great track. They've never disappointed.


Spice cake hangs out with red pepper flake mashed sweet potatoes and pear-cranberry sauce in the midst of pre-Thanksgiving cooking.

1 comment:

  1. I can personally attest that all of these foods were delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete