Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Triple-Layer Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Coconut Frosting & Raspberry Sauce


The Triple-layer Chocolate Raspberry Cake I made for Christmas this year! Gluten free, Soy free, Dairy free, Peanut free, Tree nut free. I did use soy-free eggs, but you could also use egg replacement product instead.


See recipe below:






My favorite cake recipe I've made so far:





  • Follow directions on cake mix, but instead of all the water called for, use half So Delicious coconut milk (chocolate or vanilla--I use chocolate) and the rest water. I also used a few tablespoons of fresh raspberry juice instead of vanilla extract


For the Raspberry/Coconut frosting:




  • 2 cups confectioner's sugar

  • 3/4 cup non-dairy buttery spread or "butter of your choice. I used Olivio coconut spread, which goes nicely with the fresh raspberry sauce.

  • 2-4 tablespoons of So Delicious coconut milk (sugar free)

  • 2 tablespoons of fresh raspberry juice

  • Mix together, add more coconut milk or raspberry juice if the frosting is too thick, add more powdered sugar if it's too thin.


Raspberry Sauce:




  • 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries

  • 3-5 tablespoons cane sugar

  • 1/2 cup of water

  • Bring ingredients to boil over medium high heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture thickens. I crush the raspberries with a spoon in the process to get a thicker consistency, but you could also leave them whole or in pieces if desired.

  • Cut the cake and drizzle the raspberry sauce over the top. Happy Holidays on a plate! <3

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! I'll have to try that once I'm off the candida diet. Question, why did you do if you wanted something dessert like while in the candida diet? Im two weeks in and if there is anything, I'm willing to try it! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the sugar cravings were hard at first, but what I did occasionally was drizzle a tiny amount of agave nectar on some peeled pear slices and shake some ground cinnamon on top. I would then warm them in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. It's really good, and the small amount of natural fructose from the pear usually satisfied my cravings. Hope this helps =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] Oil, click here, or watch the video below. I plan to use it for a more rich tasting frosting in my Triple Chocolate Cake with Coconut Raspberry Frosting. The options are [...]

    ReplyDelete