Monday, October 22, 2012

Announcements: Delight Gluten-Free Magazine


I think it's about time to let everyone in on some good news. I'm now a contributor to a publication I really admire, Delight Gluten-Free Magazine! As of August, I've begun writing some pieces that I hope will be helpful to everyone in the Gluten-Free community and those with other food allergies as well. You can likely find me in this next issue, Winter 2012, writing about low-sugar and allergy friendly holiday desserts as well as in the featured blogger section.

I can honestly say that I feel Delight Gluten-Free is the best gluten-free magazine out there for several reasons. First, they're extremely conscious about not only living with Celiac disease or gluten intolerance, but having other food allergies or sensitivities on top of that. Every recipe is carefully labeled by food allergen (top 8 food allergens plus other allergens such as corn and rice) to ensure it's super easy to navigate. For people like me living gluten-free, allergic to soy, peanuts, lactose intolerant and much more, this is such a great thing to see. All the recipes are also broken down into chart format indicating which ones are safe from which food allergen. I really haven't seen anything as thorough as this in other gluten-free magazines. It's also very exciting that Delight is now a bi-monthly publication with 6 issues per year instead of 4.

Delight has also broken into the app world with their magazine app for iPhones and android. That means I have a humungous stock of great stories and recipes with me wherever I go. Each issue usually has around 60 or more gluten-free recipes, so that's totally invaluable! Lots of friends and family members of mine have this for their iPads or are accessing the digital issues for the computer through www.delightglutenfree.com It's really cutting edge and convenient--something a lot of us in the gluten-free community can really appreciate.

So check me out in the upcoming issue of Delight Gluten-Free Magazine and the following issues! In addition to the magazine itself, you can now access Delight's fabulous advanced recipe search on their website where you can search by meal course, main ingredients, pantry staples, special diets including vegan/vegetarian options, and everyday favorites. I'm so excited to be a part of this unique and worthwhile publication.



 
Check out Delight's fabulous back issues at www.delightglutenfree.com

Have a Delightful Monday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment