Friday, March 14, 2014

Yoga Renewal

photo(30)


As of today, I've made the decision the get back into daily yoga. Since I practiced gymnastics for most of my childhood, I took an interest in yoga to increase my flexibility even further.  But I quickly found that it has far more benefits than just learning how to become a human pretzel.  Aside from fixing my posture (I have a bad and lasting back injury from gymnastics), I feel much more grounded, present and calm after a session which helps immensely with occasional food allergy anxiety.  While recovering from severe reactions, I used root myself in a downward dog pose to calm myself. That moment when you're slowly sinking into the mat and you can almost feel the earth move as it ticks around the sun...indescribable healing.  I am more than ready to return to it.


photo(29)


-my morning meditation in child's pose-


Here are a few good links for beginners to yoga:




  1. 5 types of Yoga to try now

  2. 3 Yoga Poses to Help Anxiety

  3. 5 Common Yoga Mistakes Beginners Make

  4. 8 Yoga Poses for Better Digestion


What kind of yoga do you practice?


What are your favorite poses, tips and yoga tricks?

2 comments:

  1. I use to do gymnastics as a child too! I loved it, I have some great memories from it that I will cherish forever. I really want to try yoga to regain my flexibility and there are, like you mentioned above, numerous health benefits to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Even though I have a back injury from it, I don't regret gymnastics one bit. Such fun memories

    ReplyDelete