Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Little things and Homemade Egg Drop Soup

- Simple things to love -


 
- Ancient Harvest Quinoa: Made in a dedicated soy free, gluten free facility -

 Hearty pasta with grass-fed meat, fresh parsley from the garden, and red wine tomato sauce. I absolutely adore Tinkyada Rice pasta products -

 

Homemade Egg-Drop Soup

  • 6 cups veggie stock
  • 1 lightly sauteed leek
  • dash of Coconut Aminos
  • 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic curry powder
  • 1/4 of an onion chopped and lightly sauteed
  • salt, cracked black pepper
  • 2-3 eggs, to your preference

Roughly chop and saute the leek and onion together in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bring 6 cups veggie stock to a boil. Once boiling steadily, add in your egg one by one (beaten) and stir while pouring them in. This creates the beautiful strings and sections of egg in the soup. Season to taste.


"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." - Mother Teresa


2 comments:

  1. What brand of meat do you buy? I think that soy in my meat and chicken are bothering me and I can not seem to find grass fed in my local Whole Foods, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have trouble finding it myself, but was finally able to track down some grass fed ground beef and steak in my local Whole Foods. I also order from Grassfed Traditions, which is part of Tropical Traditions--the place I get my soy free eggs. They are based out of Wisconsin and ship all over the U.S. They are fabulous. It can be pricey, but I eat meat only about 1-2 times a week, and not feeling sick is worth the price to me. I'll definitely be posting more sources as I locate them and archive them.

    ReplyDelete