Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In my Kitchen

Here are some of my favorite soy free, gluten free, legume free go-to items in my pantry and fridge as of late. I love to keep all these on hand for quick easy meals or snacks. These made the top 9....




  1. So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk (No Sugar Added)

  2. Enjoy Life Chewy Bars, Sunbutter Crunch --A great grab and go snack.

  3. Fresh or Dried (Organic) Dill -- one of my favorite herbs that I add to nearly everything.

  4. Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper -- I use it to add a kick to my dishes, and as a digestion aid. Almost every morning, I start my day with a warm glass of water with cayenne pepper. Taken 15 minutes before eating, nothing helps boost and clean your system better in my opinion.

  5. Ancient Harvest Quinoa -- Made in a dedicated gluten and soy free facility (verified by personal email).

  6. Buckwheat -- I buy mine from Meijer, which receives it straight from Poland. I adore Kasha (buckwheat porridge)!

  7. 365 Whole Foods Apple Cider Vinegar--There was no link available on the site, but you can buy it at any Whole Foods Market. I take about 1-2 tablespoons daily with a glass of water. It's cheaper than Bragg's brand, and it has no cross contamination with soy that I know of. I reacted strongly to Bragg's apple cider vinegar since it is made on the same line as their soy heavy "Liquid Aminos". I avoid Bragg's for this reason.

  8. Olivio Coconut Spread --Soy Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free. So good! It's great for you too, since the main ingredient is healthy coconut oil. I love putting it on my tinkyada pasta and my quinoa dishes.

  9. Tinkyada Organic Brown Rice Pasta -- My favorite gluten free pasta by far. They make 18 different types and shapes of whole grain brown rice pasta, including a fun shaped variety called "Little Dreams" which would be definitely make a cute meal for food allergic youngsters.

What are your favorite go-to items in your pantry?

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love posts like this when you share new foods/makeup/body care stuff:D I really want to try the Enjoy Life chewy bars, they sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses! I am free of allergies, but I still like reading your blog:) keep posting!

    Svitlana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie! I'll have to do a beauty cabinet one soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Svitlana! I miss seeing you at work! I hope you are keeping well =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I'm not soy-free, but I would definitely put rice at the top of my go-to list. I lived in Asian countries when I was younger, and the rice habit stuck! It's also nice because it's a cheap gluten-free carbohydrate item.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Brown rice definitely saves me time after time. Can't get enough of it! And it's a great source of fiber after you go gluten free. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be awsommmeee!:)

    ReplyDelete