Friday, January 18, 2013

Our Engagement

We're engaged!

I couldn't be happier in saying that since December 29th 2012, I am lovingly engaged to my best friend in the universe. I hold so much excitement in my heart for the times that we will share; growing, learning, eating, laughing, playing, working, cooking, dancing, crying (happily!), and trail blazing our way through this enchanting, wild world together.

When I saw my future fiance for the first time, the strangest feeling crept over me. We had not yet exchanged words or even locked eyes, but I felt an odd and knowing feeling inside. I'd like to think it was my spirit instinctively acknowledging the deep and pure compatibility; something my heart and head would soon realize that we shared. I still hadn't looked him in the eye as I saw him in my peripheral standing in the doorway, his face only half lit by the warm fire outside, but his smile bright as ever as he peered at me through the darkness. I've said it many times since that night..."I'm so glad you found me."

DSC_0795

Thank you for everything you've taught me, Y. I've grown more since I met you than in all my life. You challenge me to reach my highest potential and make me feel that no matter what obstacle I'm facing, I can not only conquer it but can turn it into the most positive and rewarding experience possible. I only hope I can give the same to you the rest of our years.

Ps. I promise this will not turn into a wedding blog =) That's not to say I won't share anything about it here, but everyone can still expect the usual allergy-free, gluten-free goodness around here. Thanks to all our friends and family for the well wishes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. Bethany, HUGE congratulations to you and Yan. Wishing you the lots of fun, happiness and success for the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy for you both! Congradulations! May the love you share today continue to flurish! by...the by your ring is stunning;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your fiancé! <3 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your engagement ^^

    ReplyDelete