Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sprinkles

Today I'm just sharing a few sprinkles of joy that I find renewing.


Yesterday I found myself in a bit of a funk, not being very creative with my food choices. I started to feel a little down about having extreme food allergies, but quickly put a stop to that as I remembered how lucky I am to even be sitting here. I remembered how important it is to live in the moment as much as possible and to not let this obstacle change my positive mindset. Here's a few of my favorite things that never fail to boost my spirits on the occasional "off" day.


- Fabulous cakes that look harder to make than they actually are, even allergen free! -




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Cranberry Obsession Snow Cake is my next frontier on cakes, but I'll most likely be using raspberries instead.[/caption]

Check out the recipe here or click the above.


- Dave Matthews Band -







Dave is always full of reflective and magical lyrics that just bring me to a whole new place. His live shows are some of my favorite memories.


- Those quiet moments, when you realize life is not as hard as it seems -




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="381"] Cloudy days aren't just cloudy days. There's something magical and reflective about them.[/caption]

- When you realize living simply is the best living -




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="460"] Live simply so others may simply live.[/caption]

- Inspirational truths -




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500"] From juststuffifound.com[/caption]

3 comments:

  1. It's so try...I get down sometimes only because if I am starving, I can't grab the delicious french baquette sitting at the counter...staring at me! We must keep our heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! Attitude really makes all the difference with these sort of things, and looking up is best. I really like this quote by Walt Whitman: "Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and the shadows will fall behind you." So true =)

    ReplyDelete